21 April 2013

Loreta, Prague

Loreta (Loreto), Prague, Czech Republic
This beautiful baroque building is the Loreta monastery, located in the Castle District, Prague, Czech Republic. The square in front of the building is a good place to relax on a sunny afternoon, after a long walk through beautiful Prague. That's exactly what I did, and while I was resting by legs I let my camera and my eyes to do all the work (the result is this photograph and several others).
Loreta is in fact an architectural complex consiting of a cloister, the church of the Lord’s Birth, a Holy Hut and the clock tower with a famous chime. Its construction was finished in 1631.

Last time I checked, Loreta was opened for visitors Tuesday through Sunday between 9:00 - 12:15 and 1:00 - 4:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment